Like money? We thought so. Get more of it in the form of really high dividends with free Kasasa Cash® checking.
on balances up to $25,000
You can apply online for this account in minutes!
- Really High Dividends
- No Monthly Maintenance Fees
- Free Digital Banking
- Free Debit Card
- Free checking that pays high dividends
- 3.50% APY* on balances up to $25,000
- 3.50% to 0.90% APY on balances over $25,000 depending on balance in account*
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren't met
- Refunds on ATM withdrawal fees, nationwide (up to $25 monthly)*
- Internal ATM fees and foreign ATM fees eligible for refunding
- Link to free Kasasa Saver® to build savings automatically
- No monthly maintenance fees
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Person2Person Payment Option
- Free digital banking
- Free Visa® debit card
- Surcharge-free ATMs available
- Shared branching available
- $25 minimum deposit to open
- Kasasa Protect (Optional)
- $7 a Month Learn More
Rewards are yours for the taking...
Earning your rewards is so easy, you’re probably already doing it. Enrollments must be in place and all of the following transactions and activities must post and settle to your Kasasa Cash account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- At least 12 debit card purchases
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive e-Statements rather than paper statements
- Be enrolled in and log into online banking at least one time per cycle
Simple. Didn’t meet your qualifications one month? Don’t sweat it. Your account is still free, and you’ll still earn our base rate. Then you can get back to earning your full rewards the very next month.
* This disclosure contains the rules that govern your deposit account as of May 1, 2019. Account Overview: Kasasa Cash: A free variable rate checking account with no minimum balance that rewards accountholders with dividends and nationwide ATM withdrawal fee refunds when they meet minimum qualifications during the account's Monthly Qualification Cycle. Purpose and Expected Use of Account This account is intended to be the accountholder's primary share draft account in which payroll transactions and day-to-day spending activities including but not limited to grocery, gasoline, apparel, shopping, dining, sporting and entertainment transactions are posted and settled. Commensurate with the spending activities identified above, we expect the account's debit card to be used frequently throughout each month and for transaction amounts to reflect a wide dollar range. Small debit card transactions conducted on the same day at a single merchant and/or multiple transactions made during a condensed time period particularly near the end of a Monthly Qualification Cycle are not considered normal, day-to-day spending behavior. These types of transactions appear to be conducted with the sole purpose of qualifying for the account's rewards and thus will be deemed inappropriate transactions and will not count toward earning the account's rewards. NorthPark Community Credit Union reserves the right to determine if the account is being maintained for a purpose other than day-to-day, primary use. Accountholders who persist in making debit card transactions in a calculated and limited fashion in order to meet their monthly qualifications may have their accounts converted to a different share draft account or closed altogether. We also reserve the right to convert the account to a different share draft account if the account does not have consistent active use over six consecutive Statement Cycles. We have the right to close this account at any time, with proper notice. Our decision to close the account will not affect your existing obligations to us including any obligation to pay fees or charges incurred prior to termination. No deposits will be accepted and no checks will be paid after the account is closed. If the account is closed, you will forfeit any rewards that have not been credited to your account. A NorthPark Community Credit Union check for the remaining balance, if applicable, will be mailed to accountholder at the address indicated on our current records. Upon termination of your Kasasa Cash account, any optional add-on products / services associated with this account will also be terminated at the same time. Dividend Rate & Annual Percentage Yield (APY) Compounding & Crediting: Dividends will be compounded on a daily basis. Dividends will be credited to your Kasasa Cash account on the last day of the current statement cycle. If you close your account before the dividends are credited, you will not receive the accrued dividends. Dividends begin(s) to accrue on the day you deposit noncash items (for example, checks). "Statement Cycle" means the period of time for which NorthPark Community Credit Union provides a summary of the financial activities and transactions that post and settle to the accountholder's account. Balance Computation Method: We use the average daily balance method to calculate the dividends on your Kasasa Cash account. This method applies a periodic rate to the average daily balance in the account for the period. The average daily balance is calculated by adding the principal in the account for each day of the period and dividing that figure by the number of days in the period. The period we use is the Statement Cycle. Dividend Rate & Annual Percentage Yield: When your Kasasa Cash account qualifications are met during a Monthly Qualification Cycle average daily balances up to and including $25,000.00 in your Kasasa Cash account earn a dividend rate of 3.4451% resulting in an APY of 3.50%; and average daily balances over $25,000.00 earn a dividend rate of 0.25% on the portion of the average daily balance over $25,000.00, resulting in a range from 3.50% to 0.90% APY depending on the account's average daily balance. When Kasasa Cash qualifications are not met, ATM withdrawal fees are not refunded and the dividend rate earned on the entire average daily balance in the account will be 0.05% resulting in an APY of 0.05%; Qualification Information: To earn your rewards, the following enrollments must be in place and all transactions and activities must post and settle to your Kasasa Cash account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle: At least 12 PIN-based/signature-based debit card purchases Be enrolled in and log into online banking Be enrolled in and have agreed to receive e-statements rather than paper statements Account transactions and activities may take one or more days to post and settle to the account and all must do so during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in order to qualify for the account's rewards. The following activities do not count toward earning account rewards: ATM-processed transactions, transfers between accounts, debit card purchases processed by merchants and received by our credit union as ATM transactions, PIN-based, signature based transactions, non-retail payment transactions and purchases made with debit cards not issued by our credit union. Transactions bundled together by merchants and received by our institution as a single transaction count as a single transaction for the purpose of earning account rewards. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one (1) banking day prior to the first banking day of the current statement cycle through one (1) banking day prior to the last banking day of the current statement cycle. "Banking Day" means any business day on which an office of the credit union is open to the public for the purpose of carrying out substantially all of its banking functions. "Business Day" means a calendar day other than a Saturday or a Sunday, January 1, the third Monday in January, the third Monday in February, the last Monday in May, July 4, the first Monday in September, the second Monday in October, November 11, the fourth Thursday in November, or December 25. If January 1, July 4, November 11, or December 25 falls on a Sunday, the next Monday is not a Business Day. "Statement Cycle" means the period of time for which our credit union provides a summary of the financial activities and transactions that post and settle to the accountholder's account. Reward Information: When your Kasasa Cash account qualifications are met during a Monthly Qualification Cycle, average daily balances up to and including $25,000.00 in your Kasasa Cash account earn a dividend rate of 3.4451% resulting in an APY of 3.50%; and average daily balances over $25,000.00 earn a dividend rate of 0.25% on the portion of the average daily balance over $25,000.00, resulting in a range from 3.50% to 0.90% APY depending on the account's average daily balance. You will receive reimbursements up to an aggregate total of $25.00 for nationwide ATM withdrawal fees incurred within your Kasasa Cash account during that Monthly Qualification Cycle. We reimburse ATM withdrawal fees based on estimates when the withdrawal information we receive does not identify the ATM withdrawal fee. If you have not received an appropriate reimbursement, we will adjust the reimbursement amount if we receive the transaction receipt within sixty (60) calendar days of the withdrawal transaction. When your Kasasa Cash qualifications are not met, the dividend rate earned on the account's entire average daily balance will be 0.05% resulting in an annual percentage yield of 0.05% APY and ATM withdrawal fees are not refunded. Dividends will be credited to your Kasasa Cash account on the last day of the current statement cycle. Nationwide ATM withdrawal fee reimbursements will be credited to your account on the last day of the current statement cycle. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY calculations are based on an assumed balance of $25,000.00 + $100,000 in your Kasasa Cash account and an assumed statement cycle of thirty-one (31) days. Balance computation methodology varies by account's qualifying status. Rates, rewards, and bonuses, if any, are variable and may change after account is opened without notice to you. No minimum balance is required to earn or receive the account's rewards. Rewards less than a penny cannot be distributed. Fees may reduce earnings. You will automatically qualify for the account's rewards during your account's first statement cycle. If the account is closed before rewards are credited, you will forfeit the rewards. Additional Information: Account approval, conditions, qualifications, limits, timeframes, enrollments, log-ons and other requirements apply. $25.00 minimum deposit is required to open the account. See accompanying schedule of NorthPark Community Credit Union Fees Schedule for fees that may apply to this account. Enrollment in electronic services (e.g. online banking, e-statements) and log-ons may be required to meet some of the account's qualifications. Limit of one account(s) per social security number. There are no recurring monthly maintenance charges or fees to open or close this account. This account is not to be used for commercial purposes. If the account is closed, you will forfeit any rewards that have not been credited to your account. Contact one of our credit union service representatives for additional information, details, restrictions, reward calculations, processing limitations, cycle dates and enrollment instructions. Federally insured by NCUA. Kasasa and Kasasa Cash are trademarks of Kasasa, Ltd., registered in the U.S.A