History & Leadership
On May 3, 1933, a credit union, currently known as NorthPark Community Credit Union, was organized under a state charter and named Pitman Moore Employees Credit Union. The original charter was signed by eight founding members. The original investment in shares was only $35. At the time of its first annual meeting, 116 members had savings totaling $2,987, and 55 members had borrowed $2,443 for a net profit of $57.83.
In August 1969, Pitman Moore Employees Credit Union became known as Dow Employees Credit Union after Pitman Moore was bought by Dow Chemical Company. In 2003, Dow Employees Credit Union became a community-chartered credit union. At that same time, the name was changed to NorthPark Community Credit Union.
Today, NorthPark has three full-service branches, with one branch still operating on the Dow AgroSciences campus.
Whether we are providing services to 8 members in 1933 to over 7,000 members today, we continue to focus on our members and products and services we provide them. After all, that is what sets us apart from all those banks down the street!
NorthPark Community Credit Union...providing personalized banking services for our members...improving the quality of life in our community!
NPCCU provides a broad range of products and services in a professional and friendly environment. NorthPark Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit, financial cooperative. The members elect the Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee from the ranks of the membership. The Board of Directors establishes policy and makes decisions that benefit the membership. The Supervisory Committee assures that all funds are managed properly and that all records are in order.